I am a researcher at the Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies, CNR, in Rome. You can look at my publications, or at my curriculum vitae, or contact me: giovanni.pezzulo(AT)istc.cnr.it I got a degree in Philosophy of Science and a PhD in Cognitive Psychology. My interests are both theoretical and computational, with several topics: anticipation and anticipatory behavior (in the framework of the EU funded project MindRACES); cognitive architectures (trying to bridge sensorimotor interaction with high-level cognitive capabilities such as practical reasoning); goal-oriented behavior; representations (theoretical and computational models); motivations (and their roles in determining behavior); decision making (theoretical and computational models, some experimental work).

Monday 5 February 2007

The framework AKIRA

Since 2003 Gianguglielmo Calvi and I have been developing a computational system called AKIRA It is an open-source project, developed under sourceforge sourceforge and it permits to implement modular systems. We have used AKIRA for designing and implementing several cognitive systems, that have all the same underlying design philosophy -behavior and cognition arise from "the competition and cooperation among multiple concurrent processes", as we think that it is the case in the brain, much in the spirit of Marvin Minsky's Society of Mind.

No comments: